Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Because I Haven't Written In Awhile

I haven't fallen off the wagon!  I promise!

I hit 179 the day before my birthday, and put the scale back away.  I did have cake (a teal and pink Monster High one I made for myself!), and a birthday meal (which turned to be a bit of a disaster due to the taco place making my tacos wrong!) and I had dessert at a family gathering the other night.  But I have remained focused the rest of the time.






















I will step on the scale at the end of the month and see where I'm at to set myself up for August.  I think weighing in once every few weeks is a good way to keep track without getting back into the bad habit of scale obsession.  Once a week is too much for me and I slip into bad habits of weighing in multiple times a day.  I can definitely say that I am much happier on a daily basis regarding food and eating.

I haven't worked out for about a week because I wanted food to be my focus like when I originally started my journey.  It has also been hellishly hot and running as not been an option.  Or at least, not for me.  I will not run in 90+ degree weather.  I don't feel like passing out from heat stroke thank you very much.

I have been doing some crafting and some sewing.  I attempted to make myself a corset for the Renaissance Faire because I have shrunk out of mine (at about $200 each that is a hard blow.  I've had both pieces for about ten years but they are like new and it makes me sad) but I also tried drafting my own pattern for them and it did not go well at all.  It was rather sad to be honest.  Nick was so kind as to let me order a new one, which is adjustable and I will shrink into, as an early early Christmas present.  It is very different than the other pieces I had, in that it is PURPLE, and not the standard black, so I do forsee some more sewing in my future in the way of shirts and skirts, which I am very good at sewing.

I also made some polymer clay baby fairies, or they will be fairies, one has a test run of wings, but I melted the cellophane too much.  The technique I used can also be done with large wings, for children and adults, so you bet I will be crafting some in the future for Lilly and I.  Because why not?  You use an embossing gun (for scrapbooking) to heat up the cellophane around a wire base and it gets pretty hard but is lightweight and so pretty!


Leftover Easter basket cellophane, it got crinkled up.  If you use fresh cellophane the wings are glassy.

Without wings.  I painted these ones and used chalk pastel for shading, opposed to the other one, which was all paint.  They need a coat of setting spray before I apply wings.


The wire I originally bought for the wings is too stiff, so I plan on using it to sculpt some Elf ear cuffs.  If you haven't seen them, type it into Pinterest, there are some amazing ones!  I've never wire wrapped before so I know I'm going to have to learn a lot. Elf Ear Cuff's on Pinterest!

I also made a purchase of two new Monster High dolls.  I have a small collection, if you didn't know, and Mattel has rebooted the line with a new, brighter look.  I've been mostly underwhelmed with the new dolls hitting the shelves but the Moanica D'Kay was so fab with her brains purse and ribcage jewelry I used birthday money to get a two pack of her and Draculara, whose new face paint I like more because her character has always been bubbly.

Moanica D'Kay and new Draculara.  Her purse is a brain and her earrings are worms!  Her boots are also brains.

The collection.  I won some in an online contest and have purchased some.  I also have a Disney Merida, her mother Elinor, and her father Fergus as well as a few Barbies and vintage 1960's Barbies in poor condition.  I really regret donating all my childhood dolls.  I had ALL the Disney dolls.  One day, I want Lilly to be able to play with them!

I have always, and will always, love dolls and cartoons.  Disney, anime, I even like My Little Pony.  They are bright, and happy, and colorful.  So much of being an adult is not.  We rush as kids to grow up for freedom but in reality you have so much more of it as a kid.  The dolls and cartoons add fun and brightness to my every day life.  Same with Renaissance Faires and costuming.

So, that's what I've been up to!  I am thankful for those that follow, read, and my one comment, and I apologize for my rant post.  Sometimes I get really down, depression runs in my family and while I have mine under control I do think it can really rear it's ugly head every now and then.  I think one of the main things was that I was really disappointed Beachbody didn't work out for me, and I need more of an identity than mommy.  I love Lilly with all my heart but when I was spending all my time on her and working out I was burning myself out, so the crafting as been a nice thing for me.

Nick and I have discussed me taking an adult enrichment class once a week, and I'll be looking into an art class most likely.  It's sad though, the community centers had a few I wanted to join, like cartoon drawing, but they were for under 18 years of age!  I don't think I'll ever fully grow up!

No comments:

Post a Comment