Friday, September 23, 2016

The Struggle is Beyond Real

So I have a problem.  I'm still having a very difficult time switching back to 100% low carb mode.  It's the only thing that ever worked for me out of all the bajillion things I have attempted so I really want to make it work again.  So please, please, do not suggest something else.

My issue is, nobody is around to hold me accountable but myself.  I have people telling me I've done great and look good left and right so none of them care if I lose more weight.  Of course I look better at 192 than I did at 250, that's pretty much a given.

I don't hold myself accountable because well, I seem to use the mentality that "I can do it eventually" or "Well this once won't hurt" and once turns into 100.

When I was going to my doctor on a weekly, then bi-weekly, and then monthly basis I did really well.  The bi-weekly was the best for me.  Once he put me to two month check ins it was over.  I kept telling myself I could eat what I wanted the first month then work on it the next, and I stopped going.

I tried to go back but it just didn't work.  He put me back to two month visits and I had to cancel a scheduled appointment or I forgot about it or something and they never called me.

I attempted to have Nick weight me every week but I had to remind him and it didn't last more than a few weeks.

Tried doing stuff on my Instagram but nobody really ever wrote on my exercise posts other than the standard "good job!" so I didn't stick with that either.

I swear I need an accounta-bil-a-buddy.  (Where is that term from?  It's totally in my mind from a movie!")  Because doing it for me has never been enough.

Ridiculous right, they always say do it for yourself, well, I should, and I want the results, but eating junk food just tastes better and I am all egg and chicken breasted out.

I definitely need to come up with a definitive set of reasonable goals and a plan to follow to get to those goals but I need a reason beyond me wanting it to reach those goals.

I have things I want to look good for.  My anniversary on October 26th.  Though Nick will be at work and school.  Then family pictures on November 26th.

I know if I just did low carb for two to three months straight, with minimal cheats, I'd totally make it.  I'd accomplish my goal, or damn near close.  But my mouth is not working with my mind.

On a plus note, aiki ninjutsu is FUN!  I've only been to two classes but I found between the first and second I was really looking forward to going back and my next class is tomorrow and I'm very excited.  I'm having a hard time learning some of the more complex moves but this is no surprise to me because it was the same way with massage therapy.  I had to do it over and over and over.  I'm not one of those ones that can see it one and get it.  I'm just not, and that's okay.

My dojo does not compete so it is a very happy and fun environment, and everyone is very friendly and willing to help you learn.  I haven't really met anyone my age there yet, but do hope I can make a few friends.

They do a getaway every year where they practice and do fun missions or rather "play ninja" as the owners wife called it.  They did a night mission and spear training and stuff you can't do inside the dojo and it sounds like everyone had fun.  Maybe in a few years when Nick is done with school and I've advanced a little bit I can go.

I am hoping through wanting to be better I am able to reach my weight goals.  We have an excellent student creed which is pretty much positive affirmation that I am repeating to myself several times a day.

Jin-Shin: I believe in myself.  I am confident.  I can accomplish my goals.

That is only part of the student creed, the other parts pertain to studies and instructors.  But Jin-Shin is a pretty good positive affirmation, even if you don't study aiki ninjitsu.

I believe in myself.  I am confident.  I can accomplish my goals.

Now, to set some goals and make a plan!

Suggestions are welcome so long as they don't cost money!  Ha ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment