Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Days 2 and 3

Day 2

Day two was a little rough, I ran out of bread and eggs and had serious cravings because I didn't have much to eat in the house.  My cravings are all mental based.  Because things taste good.  Not because I'm deficient in vitamins and nutrients or even hungry.

I made it through and went and got bread, eggs, and carb smart ice cream once Lilly went to bed so that Day 3 wouldn't be a failure.

I didn't do any sort of exercise outside of taking Lilly on a bike ride.

Day 3

Day three was much better than Day 2.  I got up and drank a ton of water pretty early in the day.  I always try to drink 1/2 my body weight in ounces per day, and to do that I typically need to consume several 16 ounce glasses of water in the morning or I just don't think about my water consumption.

Many people walk around dehydrated and don't even know it.  While it's true you get some water from juices and other beverages nothing beats water.

I had my aiki ninjutsu class last night, and it was pretty fun as always.  It's not a super intense workout but I always feel it afterwards or the next day.  It was my first time working with a fellow white belt so it was interesting to see how we could figure out how to help each other learn and grow.

What I really like about my dojo is that when I get there I am not shy.  Everyone is so friendly and helpful that I don't even worry about what I'm going to say or how to introduce myself or if I'm going to sound stupid.  The positive energy is really great and I always leave class feeling recharged.

One of my fellow classmates (and white belt) had her purse snatched in Chicago over the weekend and since my dojo teaches S.A.F.E. classes and women's self defense we discussed it a bit because my classmate chased the guy into an alley.  If you've read anything about self defense, this is a big no-no.  My sensei wanted to stress that NO POSSESSION is worth our life.

After that, class was back to normal and we went over kicking with our toes (my goodness I need to work on my balance!), head butting, and ear cupping.  Then we worked on putting some of it together.

I wish I had time to go to more than two classes a week so that I could progress a little more quickly but that's okay.  I'm in no rush but I just have a hard time remembering things sometimes without doing them over and over and it is hard to practice without a partner!

No comments:

Post a Comment